This page is a directory of all the best Whitefish has to offer those looking for adventure. If you’re looking for something specific and it is not found on this page please inquire with our staff for individual service.
Aerial Adventure Park
The Aerial Adventure Park is open daily from 10am to 6pm, but you must start the course by 4:30pm.
We call it “the happy place” because we see so many people overjoyed with excitement and a sense of accomplishment here. We also call it “an obstacle course in the trees” because there are five courses of various ability levels, each featuring different elements for getting from tree to tree. Traverse from tree to tree by crossing cable bridges, climbing rope ladders, swinging on a trapeze and more. The park is a great activity for families, friends and team building.
Looking for even more adventure? Check out our Aerial Adventure Park (AAP) Package. The package includes entry to the Aerial Adventure Park, one round-trip Scenic Lift ticket and three Alpine Slide rides. The package is based on availability. Unused activities or tickets are non-refundable.
- Ages 7+, maximum weight is 265 lbs.
- Shoes with closed toes and closed heels are required.
- 5 Separate courses totaling more than 60 obstacles.
- Ticket includes 2 hours of climbing in the park.
- Obstacles are 10-50 ft. (3 to 5 m) off the ground.
- Guests wear a full-body harness.
- The course meets the standards of the Association of Challenge Course Technology (ACCT).
- Courses vary from very easy to difficult.
- Not recommended for expectant mothers.
- No previous experience is necessary.
Ride a sled down dips, around banked turns, under bridges, and through a tunnel while controlling speed with a hand brake. Each lap down includes a free chairlift ride on Chair 6 back to the top of the slides. The Alpine Slides are fun for all ages, from 1 to 101.
Whitefish is home to many artists and numerous galleries. Whitefish Gallery Nights are held the 1st Thursday each month May to October. There are more than a dozen galleries in the downtown area and we can guide to many others throughout the Flathead Valley.
- Sunti World Art Gallery
- Going To The Sun Gallery
- The Walking Man Frame Shop
- The Dick Idol Signature Gallery
- Frame of Reference
- The Purple Pomegranate
- Nancy Cawdrey Gallery and Lounge
- Samarah Fine Art
- 1/2 Day or Full Day Rentals
- Starting from $325
Whitefish is home to 55 miles of ever expanding bike trails that are mostly all connected, well maintained and have very few people on them at the same time. It’s definitely something worth checking out!
Bike Rentals and Shops
Bike Shuttle Services
Whitefish Lake, Hungry Horse Reservoir and Tally Lake to name only a few, are popular boating destinations with several launch areas available close to Good Medicine Lodge.
Whitefish Marine – offers a variety of boat rentals
Beer enthusiasts will be happy to know that Bonsai Brewery Project is located right next door to Good Medicine Lodge.
- Bonsai Brewery Project
- The Great Northern Brewery Co.
- Backslope Brewing (Columbia Falls, MT)
- Sacred Waters Brewing (Kalispell, MT)
- Spotted Bear Spirits
- Big Mountain Cider Works (Kalispell, MT) – Opening Soon!!!
- Glacier Distillery (Corum, MT)
Brewery and Wine Tours
Good ‘Ol Fashioned Bars & Eateries
- The Bierstube (Apres-ski near Whitefish Mountain Resort)
- Bull Dog Saloon
- Montana Tap House (located a few doors down from Good Medicine Lodge)
- and so much more……
Canoeing, Kayaking, & Paddle Boarding
Whitefish Montana offers some incredible access points for Kayaking, Canoeing and Paddle Boarding. You can find several places to rent ALL the equipment you would ever need throughout the area. Here are just a few to choose from:
Beach Access Point with Rentals Onsite
Whitefish River Access
- Whitefish City Park
Cross-country Skiing & Snowshoeing
Downhill Skiing & Snowboarding
Whitefish Mountain Resort is located only 15 minutes from Good Medicine Lodge and offers alpine skiing and snowboarding. The FREE S.N.O.W. shuttle bus can take you from the front steps of Good Medicine Lodge up to the Whitefish Mountain Base Lodge. Talk about convenient!!!!
With over 300″ of snowfall per year and 115 marked trails, you won’t want to miss out on skiing at one of USA’s best ski resorts. Whitefish Mountain Resort offers alpine skiing and snowboarding December – April. With views over the Flathead Valley and into Glacier National Park, this mountain experience will be memorable.
The resort also offers: night skiing, a lot of tree skiing, cross country skiing and snow shoeing, tubing, restaurants and more….
Whitefish hosts several festivals over the year worthy of checking out.
- Whitefish Winter Carnival – held in early February, celebrate the Nordic Winter God, Ullr, along with all of Whitefish partaking in events like a wild parade on skis, a skijoring rodeo, fireworks and more…
- Flathead Classic Dog Sled Races – cheer on these incredible mushers and their furry companions all the way to the finish line. (Note: this event is in Olnay, MT only minutes from Whitefish).
- Downtown Farmers Market – each Tuesday evening May through September is a perfect setting for trying the local produce and crafts of summer.
- Whitefish Arts Festival -held in Depot Park over the Fourth of July weekend, has a tradition of high quality art and craft.
- Under the Big Sky Music Festival – don’t miss this awesome two day event filled with music, food and arts in mid July.
- Huckleberry Days – a mid August activity again fills the Depot Park and brings visitors and vendors together to celebrate and educate about the elusive Huckleberry for which we are well known and love.
- Oktoberfest – with live music, beer stein holding and log sawing competitions and incredible beer and German food, this festival is fun for all. Per tradition, this event is held on separate weekends in late August and early September.
Fun For the Family
Whitefish and the neighboring towns have endless activities for kids. Here are just a few worth mentioning:
- Old Time Photos – Stumptown Vintage Photography
- Sweet Peaks Ice Cream
- Pin & Cue Bowling Alley
- Stumptown Art Studio
- Mountain Cinema – Whitefish’s Movie Theatre
- Big Sky Waterpark – Montana’s Largest Water Park
- Amazing Fun Center – Mini Golf, Go Carts, etc..
Glacier National Park
With Glacier National Park as our backyard, we don’t lack for outdoor recreation opportunities and Whitefish is ideally situated to take advantage of all that Northwest Montana has to offer. Come and experience Glacier’s pristine forests, alpine meadows, rugged mountains, and spectacular lakes. With over 700 miles of trails, Glacier is a hiker’s paradise for adventurous visitors seeking wilderness and solitude. Relive the days of old through historic chalets, lodges, and the famous Going-to-the-Sun Road. Explore Glacier National Park and discover what awaits you.
Gym & Fitness
The W.A.V.E. Aquatic and Fitness Center is just one of those amazing places where they have it all.
-Lap Pool, Splash Pool, Water Slide, Therapy Pool, Hot Tub
-Basketball, Racket Ball, Weights, Fitness Studios, Yoga Studio, Spin Class Studio
-Drop In Childcare, Lounge, Juice Bar and so much more…..
Hiking & Running
The Whitefish Trail system has many miles of hiking and running trails. There are hundreds of miles of hiking trails in Glacier National Park and Flathead National Forest as well. Trail maps are available at Good Medicine Lodge, just any one of our staff members to assist you.
Horseback & Sleigh Rides
A trip to northwest Montana would not be complete without a classic horseback or sleigh ride. Take a lesson or sit back and enjoy the beautiful Montana views while riding in a one horse open sleigh!
Stumptown Ice Den offers hockey, figure skating and learn to skate programs for the kids. They also have open skate for the public offered daily with extremely reasonably priced skate rentals and rink fees. The best part is that they are located only a block from Good Medicine Lodge (5 minute walk).
Hot Air Balloons
Alpine Theatre Project offers world-class professional theatre and a very active children’s theatre group. The Whitefish Theatre Company is artistic community based theatre. Stumptown Players is also a Whitefish community theatre group and at Flathead Lake there is Bigfork Summer Playhouse summer repertory theatre.
Relax your sore muscles after a long day at one of Whitefish’s many massage locations.
- Natural Elements – offers a long list of massage types including couple’s massage, hot stone and cupping
- Salt Box – discover the benefits of dry salt therapy
- ISO Float Center – float weightlessly and effortlessly with guided meditation or music in warm salt water
- The Wave Fitness and Aquatic Center – a full service gym with pool, spa and physical therapy services
- Glacier Med Spa– provides waxing, laser services and spa treatments
- A Whole New You – offers several massage types including prenatal, reflexology and reiki
- Reecia’s Salon and Spa – this full service hair salon also offers makeup and nail services with Aveda products
Informing on the Great Northern Railway and Whitefish history is the Stumptown Historical Society Museum located in the Whitefish Depot. Three museums in Kalispell of interest are the Hockaday Art Museum, the Conrad Mansion and the Museum at Central School. Between Whitefish and Missoula is the Ninepipes Museum and in Browning near East Glacier is The Museum of the Plains Indian.
Whitefish is also the location of the acclaimed Under the Big Sky Music Festival in July.
Scenic Lift Rides
Whitefish Mountain Resort offers scenic chair lift rides at their resort during the Summer months. Take a lift up to the summit for 360 degree views of Glacier National Park and Flathead Valley. You can also choose to hike down one of several popular trails or take the lift back to the base of the mountain.
Skydive the beautiful big skies right here in Whitefish Montana. With views of Glacier National Park and the rest of the Flathead Valley, let Skydive Whitefish set you up.
Ph# (866) 680-5867
With all the terrain Whitefish and the surrounding areas have to explore, snowmobiling might be your perfect choice to do so.
Snowmobile Rentals & Tours – Northwest Montana Adventure located in Olney, MT (20 min. drive from Whitefish)
Imagine the thrill of sliding down a hill in a tube—in the summer! Ride the Big Easy Carpet to the top of the hill and then race side-by-side down a slippery surface, 300 feet to the bottom. Fun for all ages!
- Minimum height is 34″
- One person per tube
- Summer Tubing may close if it is raining
- Tickets are transferable to anyone in your party
Zip Line Tour times vary by day and operational activity need. To book Zip Tour reservations or to find out current tour availability call 406-862-2900 or stop by the Base Lodge today. Reservations are highly recommended.
Soar high above ski slopes, over ravines and through the trees on Montana’s longest zip line tour. Experience more than a mile of flying on six separate lines stretching as long as 1,900 ft. across and up to 300 ft. above the forest floor. If the exhilaration doesn’t take your breath away, the views will. Tours are led by two guides who ensure that each flyer is soundly secured for each flight and who facilitate fun from start to finish. It involves a moderate amount of hiking and is about 2.5 hours long.
Looking for a day filled with adventure from start to finish? Book a 6-Zip Tour Activity Package. The package is available for anyone ages 7 and older who is between 60 and 230 lbs. It includes a 6-Zip Tour, round-trip Scenic Lift ticket, and three alpine slide rides. The package is based on availability. Unused activities or tickets are non-refundable.
- Riders must be between 60 and 230 lbs.
- Shoes with closed toes and closed heels are required.
- Check in is required at least 20 minutes before your tour on level 2 of the Base Lodge.
- Tours go out rain or shine (except during lightning), so dress appropriately to be outside for 3 hours in that day’s weather.
- Guests wear a paragliding harness.
- A leash is recommended for sunglasses, hats, cameras and other personal items.
- Participation is not recommended if you have back, neck or heart problems, high blood pressure, motion sickness or dizziness, as it may be aggravated by this adventure.
- Expectant mothers should not ride.
- No smoking, eating or drinking while on the tour.