Our relaxing Montana oasis is the perfect escape for a romantic celebration, a weekend getaway, or a vacation with friends. Located just 10 minutes from the ski slopes and less than 45 minutes away from Glacier National Park, our bed and breakfast offers serenity and relaxation while still being close enough to countless activities. While staying at Good Medicine Lodge, you can experience all the things to do in Whitefish, MT!
Below, you’ll find some of our favorite things to do in Whitefish, MT. Start planning your mountain getaway by accessing our complimentary Vacation Guide! Inside, you’ll find a list of our favorite activities to enjoy during your visit.
This page is a directory of all the best Whitefish has to offer those looking for adventure. If you’re looking for something specific and it is not found on this page please inquire with our staff for individual service.
Aerial Adventure Park
The Aerial Adventure Park is open daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., but you must start the course by 4:30 p.m.
We call it “the happy place” because we see so many people overjoyed with excitement and a sense of accomplishment here. We also call it “an obstacle course in the trees,” because there are five courses of various ability levels, each featuring different elements for getting from tree to tree. Traverse the course by crossing cable bridges, climbing rope ladders, swinging on a trapeze, and more. The park is a great activity for families, friends, and team building.
Looking for even more adventure? Check out our Aerial Adventure Park (AAP) Package. The package includes entry to the Aerial Adventure Park, one round-trip Scenic Lift ticket and three Alpine Slide rides. The package is based on availability. Unused activities or tickets are non-refundable.
- Ages 7+, maximum weight is 265 lbs.
- Shoes with closed toes and closed heels are required.
- 5 Separate courses totaling more than 60 obstacles.
- Ticket includes 2 hours of climbing in the park.
- Obstacles are 10-50 ft. (3 to 5 m) off the ground.
- Guests wear a full-body harness.
- The course meets the standards of the Association of Challenge Course Technology (ACCT).
- Courses vary from very easy to difficult.
- Not recommended for expectant mothers.
- No previous experience is necessary.
Looking for an adrenaline rush? Make sure you ride the Alpine Slide during your stay at Good Medicine Lodge! Ride a sled down dips, around banked turns, under bridges, and through a tunnel while controlling the speed with a hand brake. Each lap down includes a free chairlift ride on Chair 6 back to the top of the slides. The Alpine Slides are fun for all ages, from 1 to 101. Make some memories and bring the whole family!
Experience the amazing art scene in Whitefish! With such stunning scenery, it’s no wonder this area has inspired countless creatives.
Whitefish is home to many artists and numerous galleries. Whitefish Gallery Nights are held the 1st Thursday each month May to October. There are more than a dozen galleries in the downtown area and we can guide to many others throughout the Flathead Valley.
- Sunti World Art Gallery
- Going To The Sun Gallery
- The Walking Man Frame Shop
- The Dick Idol Signature Gallery
- Frame of Reference
- The Purple Pomegranate
- Nancy Cawdrey Gallery and Lounge
- Samarah Fine Art
See our area in a unique way when you go ATVing! Hopping on an ATV is one of our favorite things to do in Whitefish, MT, because you get to explore at your own pace. Zoom through the Flathead Valley or slow down to take in the scenery. The choice is yours!
- 1/2 Day or Full Day Rentals
- Starting from $325
Back Country Guides
We understand that Montana can be a little intimidating at times. If you want to explore the backcountry, we recommend going with a guide. Not only is this the safest option, your guide knows the area like the back of their hand. They will take you to all of the best spots, and you can ask any questions you might have. It’s a great way to learn about the area, too!
Here are some of our favorite guide companies:
Whether you consider yourself an avid biker or are just looking for a unique way to see the town, biking is an excellent activity in our area. Whitefish is home to 55 miles of ever-expanding bike trails that are mostly all connected, well maintained, and have very few people on them at the same time. Plus, there are multiple bike rental shops in our area so you don’t have to worry about lugging your bike with you. It’s definitely something worth checking out!
Bike Rentals and Shops
Bike Shuttle Services
In the warmer months, boating is one of the most popular things to do in Whitefish, MT. There’s something special about being out on the gorgeous lakes with mountain views in the distance. Pack a picnic and spend the day out on the water!
Whitefish Lake, Hungry Horse Reservoir and Tally Lake to name only a few, are popular boating destinations with several launch areas available close to Good Medicine Lodge. Don’t hesitate to ask us for our recommendations on where to go!
Whitefish Marine offers a variety of boat rentals. Rent one for just the day or opt to rent one for your entire stay at Good Medicine Lodge so you can use it when you please!
Vacation is all about relaxing, and sometimes, a brewery, distillery, or winery is the best place to relax. Take your mind off the hustle and bustle fo everyday life and try one of our local brews! Our area is becoming more and more known for our craft beer scene, and a six-pack of beer or bottle of wine is a great souvenir to take home with you. Reminisce about your amazing getaway at Good Medicine Lodge when you take a sip back home!
Beer enthusiasts will be happy to know that Bonsai Brewery Project is located right next door to Good Medicine Lodge.
- Bonsai Brewery Project
- The Great Northern Brewery Co.
- Backslope Brewing (Columbia Falls, MT)
- Sacred Waters Brewing (Kalispell, MT)
- Spotted Bear Spirits
- Big Mountain Cider Works (Kalispell, MT) – Opening Soon!!!
- Glacier Distillery (Corum, MT)
Brewery and Wine Tours
Good ‘Ol Fashioned Bars & Eateries
- The Bierstube (Apres-ski near Whitefish Mountain Resort)
- Bull Dog Saloon
- Montana Tap House (located a few doors down from Good Medicine Lodge)
- and so much more……
Canoeing, Kayaking, & Paddle Boarding
Whitefish Montana offers some incredible access points for kayaking, canoeing, and paddleboarding. You’ll love getting out on the crystal-clear water! Plus, this activity is fun for all ages. Make it a date for you and your sweetheart or bring the whole family along. You can find several places to rent all the equipment you would ever need throughout the area. Here are just a few to choose from:
Beach Access Point with Rentals Onsite
Whitefish River Access
- Whitefish City Park
Cross-country Skiing & Snowshoeing
In the winter, the landscape completely changes. Our mountains transform into snowy slopes perfect for cross country skiing and snowshoeing! Surround yourself with the stunning, snowy landscape as you trek through freshly fallen snow. You’ll want to bring a camera on this excursion– the snow blankets everything around you in white, and the ice crystals that have formed on the trees sparkle like diamonds in the sunlight.
Glacier Nordic Center is a popular site in the town of Whitefish that offers cross country ski rentals. Glacier National Park’s Going-to-the-Sun Road is a beautiful setting for cross-country skiing and snowshoeing.
Downhill Skiing & Snowboarding
Whitefish Mountain Resort is located only 15 minutes from Good Medicine Lodge and offers alpine skiing and snowboarding. The FREE S.N.O.W. shuttle bus can take you from the front steps of Good Medicine Lodge up to the Whitefish Mountain Base Lodge. Talk about convenient!
With over 300″ of snowfall per year and 115 marked trails, you won’t want to miss out on skiing at one of USA’s best ski resorts. Whitefish Mountain Resort offers alpine skiing and snowboarding December through April. With views over the Flathead Valley and into Glacier National Park, this mountain experience will be memorable.
The resort also offers night skiing, a lot of tree skiing, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, tubing, restaurants and more! If you’re coming during the winter, you’ll definitely want to put this on your list of things to do in Whitefish, MT.
Whitefish hosts several festivals over the year worthy of checking out. We also do our best to keep our events calendar up to date so you know what’s going on in the area!
- Whitefish Winter Carnival – held in early February, celebrate the Nordic Winter God, Ullr, along with all of Whitefish partaking in events like a wild parade on skis, a skijoring rodeo, fireworks and more…
- Flathead Classic Dog Sled Races – cheer on these incredible mushers and their furry companions all the way to the finish line. (Note: this event is in Olnay, MT only minutes from Whitefish).
- Downtown Farmers Market – each Tuesday evening May through September is a perfect setting for trying the local produce and crafts of summer.
- Whitefish Arts Festival -held in Depot Park over the Fourth of July weekend, has a tradition of high quality art and craft.
- Under the Big Sky Music Festival – don’t miss this awesome two day event filled with music, food and arts in mid July.
- Huckleberry Days – a mid August activity again fills the Depot Park and brings visitors and vendors together to celebrate and educate about the elusive Huckleberry for which we are well known and love.
- Oktoberfest – with live music, beer stein holding and log sawing competitions and incredible beer and German food, this festival is fun for all. Per tradition, this event is held on separate weekends in late August and early September.
Who doesn’t love the water? Whether you enjoy relaxing on the shore, boating, kayaking, or splashing around, the allure of water draws us all. During your stay at Good Medicine Lodge, take advantage of the opportunities the surrounding lakes and streams offer. One of the best ways is to go fishing! Cast a line and enjoy some quiet time or bring the whole family on your excursion. Fishing in our many rivers and lakes for trout, perch, pike, and bass is a popular year-round adventure.
- State of Mind Fishing Charters
- Lake Stream Fly Shop & Guides
- Stumptown Anglers – Fishing Guides
- Glacier Park Guides
Fun For the Family
You can take the whole family to Good Medicine Lodge! We have suites with multiple beds that are perfect for families. Whitefish and the neighboring towns have endless activities for kids. Here are just a few worth mentioning:
- Old Time Photos – Stumptown Vintage Photography
- Sweet Peaks Ice Cream
- Pin & Cue Bowling Alley
- Stumptown Art Studio
- Mountain Cinema – Whitefish’s Movie Theatre
- Big Sky Waterpark – Montana’s Largest Water Park
- Amazing Fun Center – Mini Golf, Go Carts, etc..
Glacier National Park
With Glacier National Park as our backyard, we don’t lack for outdoor recreation opportunities. Whitefish is ideally situated to take advantage of all that Northwest Montana has to offer! Come and experience Glacier’s pristine forests, alpine meadows, rugged mountains, and spectacular lakes. With over 700 miles of trails, Glacier National Park is a hiker’s paradise for adventurous visitors seeking wilderness and solitude. Relive the days of old through historic chalets, lodges, and the famous Going-to-the-Sun Road. Explore Glacier National Park and discover what awaits you.
When you go on vacation, you want to relax. Sometimes all you need is a day of golf! When you go on a golf outing during your stay at Good Medicine Lodge, the fresh air and gorgeous scenery will leave you feeling completely rejuvenated as soon as you tee off. Grab your clubs and indulge in the mountain landscape.
Take in some of the best views in Whitefish from one of our local golf courses including 36 holes right in town on the Whitefish Lake, North and South courses.
Gym & Fitness
The W.A.V.E. Aquatic and Fitness Center is just one of those amazing places where they have it all.
-Lap Pool, Splash Pool, Water Slide, Therapy Pool, Hot Tub
-Basketball, Racket Ball, Weights, Fitness Studios, Yoga Studio, Spin Class Studio
-Drop-In Childcare, Lounge, Juice Bar and so much more…..
Hiking & Running
The Whitefish Trail system has many miles of hiking and running trails. Plus, there are hundreds of miles of hiking trails in Glacier National Park and Flathead National Forest. Trail maps are available at Good Medicine Lodge– just any one of our staff members to assist you.
Horseback & Sleigh Rides
A trip to northwest Montana would not be complete without a classic horseback or sleigh ride. Take a lesson or sit back and enjoy the beautiful Montana views while riding in a one-horse open sleigh! This is a great opportunity to see the area from a new, fun perspective.
Stumptown Ice Den offers hockey, figure skating, and learn-to-skate programs for the kids. They also have open skate for the public offered daily with extremely reasonably priced skate rentals and rink fees. The best part is that they are located only a block from Good Medicine Lodge– it’s just a 5-minute walk away!
Hot Air Balloons
Watch a beautiful sunrise or sunset in one of the most romantic ways possible: in a hot air balloon. 2 Fly Us will take you up for a bird’s eye view of the valley. It costs $250 per person and flights run during the Summer months only.
Helicopter tours are also available here – Glacier Aviation Services
Alpine Theatre Project offers world-class professional theatre and a very active children’s theatre group. The Whitefish Theatre Company is an artistic community-based theatre. Stumptown Players is also a Whitefish community theatre group, and Bigfork Summer Playhouse summer repertory theatre is located at Flathead Lake.
Reach a whole new level of relaxation when you visit a spa in Whitefish. Spas here offer everything from massages to facials, each ensuring that you will be fully rejuvenated. Relax your sore muscles after a long day at one of Whitefish’s many massage locations.
- Natural Elements – This spa offers a long list of massage types including couple’s massage, hot stone, and cupping.
- Salt Box – Discover the benefits of dry salt therapy.
- ISO Float Center – Float weightlessly and effortlessly with guided meditation or music in warm saltwater.
- The Wave Fitness and Aquatic Center – This is a full-service gym with a pool, spa, and physical therapy services.
- Glacier Med Spa– This spa provides waxing, laser services, and spa treatments.
- A Whole New You – This spa offers several massage types including prenatal, reflexology, and reiki.
- Reecia’s Salon and Spa – This full-service hair salon also offers makeup and nail services with Aveda products.
The Stumptown Historical Society Museum is the best place to learn all about the Great Northern Railway and Whitefish history. Conveniently located in the Whitefish Depot, it’s a great stop during your stay at Good Medicine Lodge.
Whitefish is also the location of the acclaimed Under the Big Sky Music Festival in July.
Scenic Lift Rides
Whitefish Mountain Resort offers scenic chair lift rides at their resort during the Summer months. Take a lift up to the summit for 360-degree views of Glacier National Park and Flathead Valley. You can also choose to hike down one of several popular trails or take the lift back to the base of the mountain. It’s a fun, scenic, and relaxing treat!
Skydive the beautiful big skies right here in Whitefish, Montana. With views of Glacier National Park and the rest of the Flathead Valley, let Skydive Whitefish set you up.
Ph# (866) 680-5867
With so much to explore, snowmobiling might be your perfect choice to do so.
Snowmobile Rentals & Tours – Northwest Montana Adventure located in Olney, MT (20 min. drive from Whitefish)
Imagine the thrill of sliding down a hill in a tube—in the summer! Ride the Big Easy Carpet to the top of the hill and then race side-by-side down a slippery surface. You’ll zoom 300 feet to the bottom. It’s fun for all ages!
- Minimum height is 34″
- One person per tube
- Summer Tubing may close if it is raining
- Tickets are transferable to anyone in your party
Zip Line Tour times vary by day and operational activity need. To book Zip Tour reservations or to find out current tour availability, call 406-862-2900 or stop by the Base Lodge. Reservations are highly recommended.
Soar high above ski slopes, over ravines, and through the trees on Montana’s longest zip line tour. Experience more than a mile of flying on six separate lines stretching as long as 1,900 feet across and up to 300 feet above the forest floor. If the exhilaration doesn’t take your breath away, the views will! Tours are led by two guides who ensure that each flyer is soundly secured for each flight, and will facilitate fun from start to finish. It involves a moderate amount of hiking and is about 2.5 hours long.
Looking for a day filled with adventure from start to finish? Book a 6-Zip Tour Activity Package. The package is available for anyone ages 7 and older and is between 60 and 230 lbs. It includes a 6-Zip Tour, round-trip Scenic Lift ticket, and three alpine slide rides. The package is based on availability. Unused activities or tickets are non-refundable.
- Riders must be between 60 and 230 lbs.
- Shoes with closed toes and closed heels are required.
- Check-in is required at least 20 minutes before your tour on level 2 of the Base Lodge.
- Tours go out rain or shine (except during lightning), so dress appropriately to be outside for 3 hours in that day’s weather.
- Guests wear a paragliding harness.
- A leash is recommended for sunglasses, hats, cameras and other personal items.
- Participation is not recommended if you have back, neck or heart problems, high blood pressure, motion sickness or dizziness, as it may be aggravated by this adventure.
- Expectant mothers should not ride.
- No smoking, eating or drinking while on the tour.